It's been a few days since Ubuntu 6.10/Edgy Eft was released, and you haven't upgraded already, here's a few reasons to:
- Rhythmbox now has iPod read AND write support. 
- Avahi/DAAP sharing in Rhythmbox/Banshee
- What's this? Rhythmbox also has cover art support now:
- The "hubackup" package makes backing up a snap:
- Built-in AIGLX means fully accelerated wobbly windows for Nvidia users, and workaround-less OpenGL gaming for everyone.
- Better software updating mechanism, less chance of something bad happening:
- Firefox 2.0 baby.
- Evolution has been noticeably tweaked. It's tendency to hang seems to be gone.
- Beagle is actually stable and works for me for the first time ever. Hello instantaneous computer-wide searches.
- Did I mention that Upstart makes booting up even quicker now?
Upgrade to Edgy now, or if you still haven't given Ubuntu a shot, now would be a good time. You won't regret it.
If you're interested in finding out what's on the drawing board for the next Ubuntu, version 7.04/Feisty Fawn, here's some things we might see:
- PulseAudo might finally replace ESD as GNOME's software sound mixer/server...
- Easy codec installation finally?