Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Evolution 2.11.6: A mail client smarter than I

After putting off doing a fresh install of Ubuntu for almost 2 years (it's just too easy to dist-upgrade), I did a fresh install of Gutsy Gibbon. Among other neat surprises (which I'll try to blog about), this one almost made me fall off my chair:


Being the total klutz that I am, I had forgotten to attach a file to an email I wrote before I clicked send. To my surprise, Evolution made an educated guess that I had done exactly that, and gave me a warning!

I love Evolution + GNOME.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a super neat feature. I wish MS Outlook would do even a check for the subject. I hate getting emails without a subject.

musically_ut said...

Sheer Awesomeness. I think I'll move onto Evolution just to check it out now. I have been stuck with Thunderbird too long anyways. BTW, I use Gentoo, and am waiting for Evolution to be ported ... lets see ... ;)

Anonymous said...

This feature's been in KDE KMail "forever" I think.