Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dapper a disapointment?

In in this week's DistroWatch.com's newsletter, I spotted a nice opinion piece about why you should give Fedora Core 5 a shot.
The interesting part to me was in the second paragraph though:

Despite having been delayed by six weeks for "polish" and carrying a "Long Term Support" tag, the Ubuntu 6.06 release was a disappointment.


I think that's the first time I've read of anyone just flat out calling Ubuntu 6.06 a disappointment. Interesting? Definitely. Accurate? Probably more so than I'd like...
I can't really put my finger on it, but Dapper definitely has some rough edges. (I've been struggling this week on a new system with Dapper's installer, which seems to mess up installing GRUB in any configuration but the simplest one...)

No comments: