Thursday, June 29, 2006

HOWTO: Scream "I know nothing about Linux"

I'm sure this happens to other people on a regular basis too, so I guess it just goes to show that there's tons of "computer experts" out there who don't have a clue when it comes to Linux (or maybe just haven't read ANY tech news site on the net in the past 8 years):

Yesterday someone asked me at work what version of Linux we were running on one of our servers.
I told him, "Ubuntu 6.06".
He replied, "Why don't you run Redhat? Why are you using such an obscure version??? I've never heard of that..."

*sigh*

I love people who know absolutely nothing about Linux, but like to throw the term "Redhat" out there just to look cool, but end up looking like an ass anyways.

The revolution's got a ways to go yet. ;)

No comments: